At this time of the year we all forget about the money loss and the river of food of Christmas and we start missing the decoration the christmas songs the overwhelming atmosphere. My partner is a xmas addict and here is one of my recipes for last Christmas. If you miss Christmas right now a few of this rocky road will bring back the xmas spirit!
- 125 gr of butter
- 300 gr of white chocolate
- 3 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 200 gr of gingerbread cookies (If you can’t find gingerbreads use normal tea biscuits, but you’ll miss the xmas spirit!!!)
- 100 gr of mini marshmallows
- A mix of 2 tablespoon of icing sugar and 2 teaspoon of cinnamon for your dusting
Put your biscuits in a food bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You don’t want them too fine.
Melt your chocolate in a sauce pan with the butter and the golden syrup. Take it out the fire and keep on the side 1/2 cup of this lovely mixture. Add to the main mixture the crushed biscuits and the marshmallow.
Put the mixture in a foil tray of about 24 cm. Scoop the chocolate you have set aside and flatten it with a spatula. Put the tray in the fridge for 6 hours. When done cut your rocky rd into pieces and sprinkle with your dusting.