In my life I’ve tried to mix nutella with pretty much everything, but there is something that seem to work every single time with it and this is Coconut. Maybe is for the buttery base of both ingredients, I don’t know. The only thing I know is that here you have another great recipe ready to try!!
- 150 gr Self raising flour sifted
- 150 gr Softened salted butter
- 50 gr of dried coconut
- 150gr of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (Use the dark one, real vanilla extract, not the clear one witch is only flavouring)
For your Icing:
- 150 gr of softened unsalted butter (I usually use lurpack unsalted butter because is whitest butter I’ve found in UK until now!)
- 100 gr of nutella + a couple of spoon for the filling (+ the remaining of the jar for you!)
- 250 gr of icing sugar
- grounded dried coconut to sprinkle on top
Preheat your oven at 180 degrees.
Beat together the eggs and the sugar until you have a nice fluffy smooth pale cream. Add the butter and the vanilla for the cakes and mix until it’s all blended in. Fold in the flour and the coconut and beat it until it’s again nice-fluffy-smooth-pale! Scope the mixture in 12 cupcake cases held in a muffin tin. The perfect amount of mixture is a ice-cream scoop full (1 cm under the edge of the case).
Bake your cakes for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees. Until the surface is nicely golden and the cakes are soft, but stable at touch.
While you pretty cakes are cooling down inebriating you with their amazing smell you need to start your icing.
Cream the butter and the nutella wishing very vigorously, add the vanilla and 50 gr of icing sugar at the time. Once all the sugar is in make sure your icing is fluffy.
With a small sharp knife dig a hole in the center of your cakes, it has to be large enough that you could put your finger in it (don’t put your finger in thou!!) and fill the holes with the nutella with a piping bag without a nozzle in, and with a small hole. Put the icing in a piping bag with the largest nozzle you can find and pipe it on you cupcake.
Sprinkle your cupcakes with some coconut and serve when you want.
Did you try them? Wasn’t I right?! Beth buddies, cocco and nutella!